10 October 2008

I took my parents to Fressen for dinner tonight, and they were thoroughly impressed. I didn't have my camera with me, and in the low light I wouldn't have been able to capture the gorgeous dishes that were brought out, but it was a tasty, tasty meal.

So, since I can't blog about Fressen, here's the survey that's been floating around.

1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
On the Road Again - Bob Dylan

Well, I asked for something to eat
I'm hungry as a hog
So I get brown rice, seaweed
And a dirty hot dog
I've got a hole
Where my stomach disappeared
Then you ask why I don't live here
Honey, I gotta think you're really weird.

2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
Good muffin recipes. Seriously. Nothing too sweet or dessert-y. I love me some muffins.

3. What did you eat today?
Breakfast: wholewheat raisin toast, soy yogurt, raspberries, coffee;
Lunch: pita, hummus, eggplant dip, green beans and grilled veggies (I took my parents to a Greek restaurant. Yummy)
Dinner: Tons of food from Fressen - gluten roast, Moroccan stew, chickpea and avocado salad; squash ravioli, sautéed broccoli, mushrooms in phyllo pastry, and sauvignon blanc.

4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
Butterscoth chips.

5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
The Vegan ... I don't know.

6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
Good ol' tabasco.

7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
Vegetarian at 21; vegan at 23.

8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
I don't have one.

9. Cutest baby animal?
I can't decide between cows and puppies.

10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Raspberry!

11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
A multivitamin, a vegan omega-3, calcium, ginseng.

12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Pumpkin pie.

13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Tofu. And not because I'm vegan, but because I love it! There's so many different ways to prepare it, I could probably eat it every day and not get bored.

14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Coffee. Lots of it. Black.

15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Muffins or potato chips.

16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
All I have is a mouse living in my kitchen. It hasn't taken the baits I've tried in the humane trap, so I kow it doesn't like chocolate, bread, peanut butter, or sunflower seeds.

17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
I scratched my nose after chopping hot peppers. Oh god, my nostrils were on fire!

18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
I google.

19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Tomatoes; I had 5 heirloom tomato plants and they produced the most incredibly tomatoes I've ever had.

20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
Muffins, granola bars and apples.

21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
A can of Amy's alphabet soup.

22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Live has a juice with kale, ginger, lemon, dandelion greens and pear that's awesome.

23. Favorite brand of root beer?
Boylans.

24. Make up your own question!
If a vegan falls in a forest, and no one's around, does she/he make a sound?

No comments: